Information on CMAT Exam
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance test led by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) consistently as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The CMAT is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a session to assess the applicant's ability across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. CMAT 2018 permits B-schools to screen candidates that best suit their prerequisites. AICTE will conduct CMAT 2018 on 20th January for admission to the colleges that offer MBA and for those which run postgraduate diploma in management programs.
This test encourages Institutions to choose appropriate graduate possibility for affirmation in all Management programs. The CMAT score is acknowledged by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
In this article, hopefuls can get to the entire data relating to CMAT 2018 including its critical dates, application form eligibility criteria, admit card and result to give some examples.
CMAT 2018 Registration is open from 20th October to 15th December 2017.
AICTE has been conducting CMAT two times in a year during the months of September and February. AICTE has now decided to hold only one CMAT Online Test from the Academic Year 2017 onwards.
For the Academic Year 2018, the CMAT Test will be on 20th January 2018.
All aspiring candidates desirous of appearing for CMAT Test for taking admissions to postgraduate programmes in management should apply for CMAT 2018. The candidates will have an option of selecting date and city for appearing in the test.
CMAT 2018 Important Dates
|Registration Start date||October 20, 2017|
|Registration End date||December 15, 2017|
|Admit Card download date||January 05, 2018|
|CMAT Exam Date||January 20, 2018|
|CMAT Result declaration||January 2018|
|Print out of Score Cards||January 2018|
CMAT 2018 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for 2018-19 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
CMAT Exam Registration and Fees
Pre-essentials before beginning Registration for CMAT-2018: We recommend you to prepare before beginning the CMAT registration process:
- A Computer with good Internet connectivity so that there is no breakage of Internet amid registration.
- Qualification details as candidates need to enter them while enlisting for CMAT exam.
- Upload scanned photo while registering, consequently keep prepared a scanned clear photo of themselves taken on a white background. The size of this photo should be 140 x 160 (≤ 60Kb).
- Similarly, upload scanned signature while registering, hence keep ready scanned clear signature done on a white background. The size of this signature file should be 60 x 90 (≤ 30Kb).
- A Valid e-mail id which the candidates will be using at least for the next 6 months. All communication will be done on this e-mail id which candidates will enter while registering for CMAT exam.
- A Valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number.
- A valid Credit / Debit card in case candidates want to pay ONLINE.
- A Printer connected to system as they will have to PRINT 3 copies of CHALLAN in case they are planning to pay by CASH at the bank.
Registering for CMAT is a 3 Step process as mentioned below:
- Step-1 : - Read Instructions and Self Registration
- Step -2 : - Payment Process
- Step 3 :- Now that the candidates are done with the payment, they need to fill the remaining part of the form.
CMAT 2018 Exam Test Fee
- General/OBC: Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable
- SC/ST/PD: Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable
- In Foreign Countries: $125 + Bank charges as applicable
CMAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
CMAT is a national level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to be held on 20th January 2018. The Exam is Computer based online entrance exam of 3 hours duration. The syllabus can be divided into four parts - Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension. The no. of questions falling under each section are same i.e. 25. There is negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
CMAT 2018 Marking Scheme
- Marking Scheme for CMAT: 4 marks per correct answer.
- Incorrect answers will carry a penalty of 1 mark.
- Duration of Exam will be 180 Minutes
CMAT 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card for CMAT 2018 will be issued by, The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on January 5, 2018. CMAT 2018 exam is scheduled for January 20th, 2018. The admit card will be issued to only those candidates who have successfully completed and submitted their application form before the deadline. Candidates are advised to download their CMAT admit card by entering their login credentials.
The admit card will be available in online mode and each candidate will be notified to their registered email address. Candidates need to present the admit card at the entrance center. If the candidates fail to present the admit card, they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
In case students are unable to take the printout, they may seek help of Call Centre / Helpdesk at the following contact: +91-8429996897
CMAT Test Cities
In CMAT Exam, candidates have the option to choose their city from the given cities. The CMAT 2018-19 is to be conducted in following 75 cities of India:
CMAT 2018 Result
The result date for CMAT 2018 is yet to be announced. Once the result will be announced students can visit the official website http://www.aicte-cmat.in/College/Index_New.aspx and check their result. The scorecard will be accepted by all AICTE Approved Institutions/University Departments.
CMAT Accepting Institutes
Some of the Management Institutes accepting CMAT score are:
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur
- Institute of Management Technology, Hyderabad
- GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research, Greater Noida
- LM Thapar School of Management, Mohali
- Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
As per the latest XAT exam pattern, the exam will be online based with a time period of 3.5 hours.
Q. Is CMAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?
A. No. From academic year 2018-19 onwards, the CMAT exam will be conducted only once a year on in January. The CMAT-2018 will be conducted on January 2018.
Q. How is the computer-based format different from the paper-based format?
A. The format of the test is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.
Q. Can I take the test from any computer?
A. No. A candidate will have to test on a pre-assigned workstation and will not have a choice to choose his or her workstation, in the testing venue.
Test Duration & CMAT Syllabus/ Pattern
Q. How many sections are there in the test?
A. There will be four sections in the test. The sections are :
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability / Language Comprehension
- Numerical Ability + Data Interpretation
- General Awareness
Q. How many questions are there in each of these sections?
A. There will be 25 questions in each section.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. The duration of test will be 180 minutes.
Q. Can I move back and forth between the four sections?
A. Yes, you can